Beef Stroganoff Recipe
* 1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef or beef tips, cut into small
pieces or thin strips
* 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 cup chopped onion, about 1 large onion
* 4 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 cups beef broth or bouillon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
Heat butter or margarine in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
Add beef in about 3 batches, browning each batch quickly. Set aside and keep warm. Add onion and mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for about 5 to 6 minutes, until golden brown. Stir in flour; blend well.
Gradually stir in beef broth. Heat until sauce is thick and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Stir in beef and dill. Add salt, pepper and sour cream; heat beef stroganoff through - do not boil. The beef stroganoff recipe is ready to serve over rice or noodles. Enjoy it !